We know you like to design things, so why not try to win a large prize with your best ideas? Consider entering the "Create the Future" Design contest.
Your entry can compete in any of several design categories:
- Consumer Products - Products that increase quality of life in the workplace, at home, during leisure time, or while traveling.
- Machinery and Equipment - Products that speed and improve work, manufacturing, or scientific research processes.
- Medical Products - Products that improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare.
- Safety and Security - Products that enhance the security or safety of individuals, businesses, communities, or nations.
- Sustainable Technologies - Products that help reduce dependence on non-renewable energy resources, as well as products designed for other purposes using environmentally friendly materials or manufacturing processes.
- Transportation - Products that enable movement of people and goods from one place to another.
Judging is based on innovation, manufacturability, marketability and cost-effectiveness. You'll have to include one to three images of your design, as well as a 500 word technical abstract that describes your entry. You can examine current entries on the website today to get some ideas.
Aside from the grand prize of USD$20,000, you'll also be eligible to win an HP workstation for the best entry in each category, as well as ten 3D Connexion SpaceNavigators for the most popular entries. The top 100 entries will receive a framed certificate and two percent of entrants will win a T-shirt by random selection.
The contest closes entries on June 30, 2010, so you'd better get started. Winners will be announced in September.
Via Tech Briefs