We’ve been writing Fabbaloo for quite a few years now. So long that it’s time to take a look back to examine the prehistoric world of 3D printing of five years ago.
In April 2009 it was a world before almost all personal 3D printing manufacturers existed. Makerbot had just been founded only weeks earlier. But what else was happening?
- A researcher develops what might be the first ceramic 3D printing process
- Objet (now part of Stratasys) gained a new president: David Reis, who now heads none other than Stratasys itself
- Autodesk showed off its new MudBox system, based on a previous corporate acquisition
- We checked out a new 3D printer company, Solido, who unfortunately haven’t survived to the present
- We looked at ZCorp technology’s pluses and minuses
- Shapeways announced COLOR (!) material options!
Things have progressed quite a bit, haven't they?