Leading 3D printer manufacturer XYZprinting announced significant discounts on a number of their products, just in time for the shopping season.
The machines targeted with discounts include:
- da Vinci Junior 1.0 USD$249 (regular: USD$349, 28% discount)
- da Vinci 1.0 USD$399 (regular: USD$499, 20% discount)
- da Vinci 2.0 USD$499 (regular: USD$649, 23% discount)
- da Vinci AiO USD$599 (regular: USD$799, 25% discount)
- da Vinci 1.1 USD$549 (regular: USD$649, 15% discount)
While the amounts don’t appear significant (between USD$100-150), the percentages are notable, particularly on the least expensive machine, the da Vinci Jr 1.0, whose discount price of only USD$249 has to be the lowest price for an assembled desktop 3D printer we’ve ever seen. How can you discount an inexpensive item 28%?
It could also be that XYZprinting is hoping to clear out some of their inventory in advance of new models, but given the scale of XYZprinting’s retail operations, it is most likely a volume play for the holiday season. In other words, they expect to sell many trainloads of these units.
And it’s likely they can do so. As we’ve previously noted, this company has made a mission out of developing a massive set of retail distribution channels. They say in their press release that the machines are:
Available for purchase through any of these participating partners: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, B&H, BestBuy.com, Walmart.com, Target.com, Staples.com, Office Depot.com, Newegg.com, SamsClub.com.
That’s a long list of very large retail chains that represent a massive chunk of all retail activity. And XYZprinting equipment is in all of them!
There’s more. For a limited time, XYZprinting will offer owners of certain da Vinci models to upgrade to their latest open filament 3D printer, the da Vinci 1.0 Pro. This machine does not require purchase of proprietary filament cartridges from XYZprinting and can use any filament you can find.
The terms of the upgrade are quite interesting:
- Valid for prior registered owners of da Vinci 1.0, da Vinci 2.0 Duo, da Vinci 1.1 Plus, and da Vinci 1.0 AiO from authorized resellers.
- Ability to purchase the new 1.0 Pro machine for USD$499, a discount of USD$200 over their current purchase price of USD$699.
- There is no requirement to return the original 3D printer! However, its warranty will be invalidated.
This is an excellent reward to early purchasers of XYZprinting equipment.