The bad news is that the experts predict it could be decades before such technology is ready for common use. Worse, several key problems must be overcome that are not your typical 3D print problems:
- The organ dies unless you print a vascular system to feed it
- CAD models for organs do not yet exist
- Usable hydrogel mediums are not perfected
- Tissue maturation is too slow
- Print devices are not appropriate for living tissue
While we're waiting for this technology, we're going to try to look after our bodies a bit better.