It was inevitable. Both people and companies are using 3D print tech to wander into all manner of niche services, and today we’ve found another one. The eponymously named ThatsMyFace.com now offers the ability to produce 3D statuettes of your own face!
It appears to be an entirely online process, in which you start by submitting a photo of your face. The photo is mysteriously analyzed and a profile is generated that includes:
- Your face aged by 10, 20 and 40 years
- Your face as an African, Indian, Asian or Caucasian
- Your face as man or woman
- Your caricature
- Identify your facial asymmetries
- Your beautified self and attractiveness rating
- Compare yourself to others and find you look-alikes
After selecting the “version” of your face to portray, you move on to selecting a manufacturing style, of which there are quite a variety to choose from, including:
- Box Head
- Braincase (um, we’ll skip this one)
- Cup head
- Framed Face
- Full Head
- Pin Head
- Wearable facemask (pictured)
You’ll have to view the photos of these styles at ThatsMyFace’s website; they are quite amazing.
The final stage is to select the material for construction, currently either glass or plastic. Pricing is, uh, “variable” (USD$29-1999), as the designs are very different and likely involve vastly different quantities of build material and build times. Press the “buy” button and soon after you’ve got your head flying through the mail in your direction.