EnvisionTEC has announced their new ULTRA 3D printer, to be shown publicly today at the RAPID conference. According to the press release, the key features are:
- X & Y resolution 80 microns with ERM module(0.0032 in)
- Z-resolution adjustable from to 20 to 100 microns (0.0007 to 0.004 in)
- Build speed 0.5 in/hr (12.7 mm) at 100 microns Voxel depth for the full build envelope
- Wide material choice, from ABS- and polypropylene-like to wax-based materials for investment casting
- Extremely smooth surface finishes
- Office-friendly, low power requirements and plug and play operation
- Built with proven high-reliability DLP technology
We like the reasonably large build chamber (10×7.5×8 inches).
No word on price yet, other than whispers of it being “very competitive”.