But the really interesting part is that the calorie-laden printed objects are in fact edible! One can only imagine the amazing items emerging from gourmet dessert kitchens once these things are widely available. 3D software training for chefs? Would Gordon Ramsay scream at the printer?
Evil Mad Science plans to announce the availability of CandyFab kits sometime in the summer or fall of 2009.
Yes, there will be kits.
Won’t quite be as inexpensive as the Cupcake CNC. It’s a more complex machine, supporting a deep, heavy bed of material and a build volume ten times as large. Still, we’ll do what we can. 🙂
- New mechanical parts, and no requirement to re-use old printer components
- Upgraded sofware: the cross-platform CandyFabulous
- Build volume of 10 Liters
- Layer thickness of 0.067 inches
- One Arduino board per axis
- Food-safe sugar containment
- Laser-cut casing
- Highly expandable
As the Evil Mad Scientist says, “it’s looking sweet.”