- The number one characteristic is clearly quality of prints, over all other others. This means that people would pay more for a printer that spits out better models
- The number two and three most important characteristics relate to cost. Both initial and ongoing costs were pegged as important, demonstrating that Fabbaloo readers are sharp; you weren’t fooled by the “free razor, you just pay for the blades” scenario
- Build speed turns out to be less important, perhaps because at this point everyone accepts that 3D printers just take a long time to print
- Build size is surprisingly low rated. We suspect this is because readers realize that a larger build chamber automatically means more cost, which we previously saw was a non-starter
- Trailing the pack is “Leading Brand”. Evidently all the advertising by 3D Systems, Dimension, Objet and the other leading brands might not be as effective as they believe
Tethon 3D announced a new product: a ceramic powder suitable for use in SLS 3D printers to add to their extensive portfolio of printable ceramic materials.