Materialise has released a new version of their MiniMagics software, which is used for management of STL files. What can it do? Here's a short list:
- Import and save .STL, .magics or .mgx files
- Compress STL files up to factor 20
- View parts and rotate, pan or zoom
- Detect bad edges and flipped triangles
- Make a section
- Request part information, such as XYZ measurements, volume, surface area or number of bad edges
- Measure parts
- Add text annotations
- Create a print-out of parts
The new version includes features to enable more precise measurements using points, circles and planes, additional viewing options and a "silent server installation option" for sites with locked-down computers.
Did we say that this software is free (with registration)? It's available in English, German and Japanese versions, but only runs on Windows platforms.
Via Materialise (Hat tip to Luke)