- College Engineering: Jeremy Prince of Tennessee, who designed a “prone stander”, a device enabling children with cerebral palsy to assist in developing muscles.
- Art and Architecture: Dov Feinmesser & Aaron Hendershott of Toronto, who produced a children’s chair that has several different operating modes.
- Middle/High School Engineering: Elliot Wilm of Illinois designed a doorstop. But it’s a very special doorstop that is embedded within the door itself, providing many advantages.
- Building or Bridge Redesign: Jeevan Farias of New Jersey, who redesigned the Beijing National Stadium to reduce the amount of electricity required and add clean energy sources such as wind turbines.
- Puzzle or Game Design: Kyle Wilkinson of Indiana, who made a kind of spherical Rubik’s cube, complete with a hidden chamber.
This week’s selection is “Prototyping and Modelmaking for Product Design” by Bjarki Hallgrimsson.