- Added controls for “Extrude” and “Withdraw” during paused printing. This means it’s easy to actually change filament (and therefore colors) during print operations.
- Energy is saved with a feature that turns off extruder pre-heating if the machine has been idle for over 15 minutes.
- A diagnostic function is added that can attempt to figure out what’s wrong with your Up! printer.
- 3D models of Up! spare parts have been added to the included 3D model library, making it easier to repair your machine.
- Available on Windows and Mac.
An announcement by Xaar leads to some interesting speculation about Stratasys’ future strategy, which could be a different style of involvement with additive manufacturing.