- AXON now supports raftless printing! This was only doable previously by post-processing the GCODE file to remove the raft. Now you can avoid rafts entirely directly from AXON.
- Surface quality is improved on the highest resolution of 0.125mm. Previously prints occasionally had bumps and holes at this resolution with default settings.
- Improved gap bridging, always useful for those complex models.
- Upgraded from Skeinforge 44 to version 50. While this is an improvement, we’d like to see Skeinforge replaced with something that compiles GCODE a lot faster. MakerBot has already done this.
- Increased ability for first layer sticking. That first layer is obviously crucial – if it doesn’t stick, the rest of your model is horribly compromised.