- Cubify launched the Cube (and now CubeX) with a major marketing push and no doubt sold many thousands of units
- MakerBot has released two new 3D printers, the Replicator 2 and Replicator 2X, which likely were (and are) very popular
- Multiple smaller 3D printer manufacturers emerged, each selling at least dozens or perhaps hundreds of units
- Formlabs sold over 1,000 units in its Kickstarter campaign and many more afterwards
- Older, more primitive units have likely been replaced by more powerful personal 3D printers
Tethon 3D announced a new product: a ceramic powder suitable for use in SLS 3D printers to add to their extensive portfolio of printable ceramic materials.