- It’s big. The machine has a huge exterior size compared to typical RepRap machines, with a reasonably-sized build platform
- The build platform, and in fact the entire machine is enclosed in a well-lit, sealed chamber, which is heated to +70C for warp-free 3D printing in nylon or ABS for objects over 20cm in size
- It might seem that the build chamber could be larger, but it isn’t to permit heated air flow to circulate through the chamber
- Very heavy-duty internal components are used throughout
- High-capacity filament spools (up to 2.3kg each) can be mounted on the rear panel of the machine
- A “filament out” detector pauses prints to permit you to replace a spool
- An embedded computer spools incoming print jobs into a queue. While it doesn’t yet remove prints from the bed automatically, once you do the next job is ready to go
Smart International announced a high-temperature 3D printing option: the Macro HT.