We knew 3D Systems was set to make significant announcements at CES 2014 in Las Vegas, but now we have a preview. In a press release they said they would make not one, but TWELVE announcements. This is startling, as they previously announced a dozen or so new items at last month’s EuroMold conference in Frankfurt.
While 3D Systems did not reveal any deets on the new items, they did publish this tantalizing meta-list:
- Previews a dozen cutting-edge consumer products and experiences
- Unveils B-2-B-2-C powerful merchandising and licensing platforms
- Reveals 3 new product categories: edibles, ceramics and full-color models
- Launches at home and in-store physical photography products and services
- Participates in CES SuperSession and keynotes ‘3D Printing Uncovered’
Ok, what does all this mean? Let’s take a look at some of these statements:
- Ceramics: This is likely the fruit of their recent acquisition of Figulo, the leading ceramic 3D printing service.
- Full-Color Models: This might be their new ProJet full color machine.
- Physical Photography: 3D Systems has long delivered image-to-3D model services. We suspect they will announce a vastly improved system for doing so.
And there’s that word, “edible”.
We think chocolate.
Via 3D Systems