While MakerBot announced them in January, the 2014 Replicators haven’t shipped until now. What are people finding when they open the box?
A post on Matter Compilers shows a very detailed view of a Replicator unboxing. Here’s the highlights of their investigation:
- Simplified unpacking
- The magnets holding the new extruder to the gantry are extremely strong
- The new glass build platform requires installation in a carrier
- The new color LCD screen’s position is much easier to use
- The new Replicator’s assisted leveling feature is very easy to use
- Printing operations “feels faster”
And there’s a great deal more in their very detailed post, which we recommend you check out.
Via Matter Compilers