BotMill is one of many companies producing RepRap-based 3D printers, and perhaps it's one of the largest. In the past our posts on BotMill have sometimes been met with negative comments regarding their service and this negativity appeared in other forums as well.
We're not certain whether the negative comments are true or false, but BotMill has taken several steps to improve their service offerings:
- They now employ a person dedicated to responding to questions, queries and comments from online forums
- Their tech lead is actively participating in the RepRap community by answering general RepRap questions beyond just BotMill specific issues
- BotMill says they now have the fastest shipping in the industry: orders received by noon are shipped by 4PM on the same day
- All manufactured printers are completely tested for quality and even ship with the test print still attached to the print bed to prove they work correctly
- A tech is now dedicated to providing customer service. All email is answered within 24 hours and often within an hour
- A trouble ticket system tracks all support engagements
We hope all 3D printer companies spend the effort to deliver this level of service, but will these steps be able to turn around negative comments? That's BotMill's goal and we'll see if they achieve it.