How do we get to tomorrow, to use 3D Printing for true Manufacturing applications through to production?
There are ways to optimize a design for Multi Jet Fusion (MJF) technology.
- Printed layer optimization can be done by eliminating unnecessary material and therefore reducing the cost per part.
- Packing density optimization
Integrating the Kanban method and DfAM (Design for AM) optimizations with the use of Auto-packing software resulting in more dense parts.
- More layers of parts = cost per part is less
- Utilization of capital
- Increases productivity
- Decreased cost
- Identify the build direction
- Avoid sudden changes in Printed surface area
- Think about packing density. More parts together = less cost
Designing parts (during the design phase) for packing density in order to push manufacturing optimization resulting in reduced costs. This is a different way of thinking about designing parts. Also abstraction / foldable designs. The design can be advanced through communication with SAP (collaboration room) and Siemens - auto-packing software.
Read more about efficiency of 3D Printing.