- The number one characteristic is clearly quality of prints, over all other others. This means that people would pay more for a printer that spits out better models
- The number two and three most important characteristics relate to cost. Both initial and ongoing costs were pegged as important, demonstrating that Fabbaloo readers are sharp; you weren’t fooled by the “free razor, you just pay for the blades” scenario
- Build speed turns out to be less important, perhaps because at this point everyone accepts that 3D printers just take a long time to print
- Build size is surprisingly low rated. We suspect this is because readers realize that a larger build chamber automatically means more cost, which we previously saw was a non-starter
- Trailing the pack is “Leading Brand”. Evidently all the advertising by 3D Systems, Dimension, Objet and the other leading brands might not be as effective as they believe
Readers may recall we issued a survey the other week, attempting to duplicate 3D Systems’ survey by using the same questions. The responses have slowed, so it’s time to take a look at the results, which you can see by clicking on the chart for a larger view.
The highlights, as we see it:
How do our answers compare to the answers collected by 3D systems? We have no idea, but if anyone from 3D Systems is listening, we’d love to compare notes.
Thanks to all who participated!