- Massive build area of 550 x 393 x 300mm (21.65 x 15.5 x 11.8 inches)
- Layer thickness as low as 0.032mm (0.0012 inches)
- XY resolution of 656 x 656 DPI
- Designed for producing durable and strong parts
- Uses Non-toxic dissolvable wax support material
- Can hold up to eight 2Kg material cartridges with optional extra bays
There’s another big dog on the corner and its name is the ProJet 5000. It’s the latest production 3D printer from 3D Systems, offering “maximum productivity in the factory or office”, with a “typical accuracy of 0.025-0.050mm (0.001-0.002 inch) per inch of part dimension “.
This device doesn’t just look big on the outside; it has much to offer on the inside:
We’re not sure of the current costing on this 482Kg (1060 lb) unit, but for this capability it won’t be something you’ll have on your home desktop soon.