RedEye on Demand, one of the larger-sized 3D print services now offers a new printing material: ULTEM. What is it? We believe it to be the "superman" of materials, offering "a variety of exceptional thermoplastic properties", according to RedEye's specs. Does it leap over tall buildings or save cats from trees? Not yet, but here's what it does offer:
- V-Ø rating for flame, smoke & toxicity (FST)
- Full FST compliance including OSU heat release of less than 55/55, or 55 kw min/m2 for heat release and 55 kw/m2 for peak heat release.
- High heat deflection temperature (320° F / 160° C)
- High strength to weight ratio
- Durable enough to handle some flexing
- Flight & other certifications in aerospace industry
It's a great step, RedEye!
Via RedEye on Demand