- Introduction to the concept of Mass Production – how the making of things became cheap
- Some things are simply not compatible with the mass production concept of identical items, such as artificial limbs
- He speaks of how to get 3D information into digital form (scanning), how to manipulate and change it (3D modelling) and how to “get it out” (3D printing)
- The trend to do these activities at increasingly lower costs
- The idea that these new technologies offer the ability to produce complex, unique objects at the same inexpensive cost as mass production
Smart International announced a high-temperature 3D printing option: the Macro HT.