- Building domestic manufacturing capabilities in critical national security industries
- Reducing the time needed to make advanced materials used in manufacturing products
- Establishing U.S. leadership in next-generation robotics
- Increasing the energy efficiency of manufacturing processes
- Developing new technologies that will dramatically reduce the time required to design, build, and test manufactured goods
Today, I’m calling for all of us to come together- private sector industry, universities, and the government- to spark a renaissance in American manufacturing and help our manufacturers develop the cutting-edge tools they need to compete with anyone in the world. With these key investments, we can ensure that the United States remains a nation that ‘invents it here and manufactures it here’ and creates high-quality, good paying jobs for American workers.