Longtime personal 3D printer manufacturer Aleph Objects has stepped it up by releasing their latest personal 3D printer, the LulzBot TAZ 4.
The company’s products have an excellent reputation among its customers and we’re expecting that tradition to be continued with the TAZ 4. But what’s new?
We believe the TAZ 4 to be an evolution of the TAZ 3, as many of the specifications are similar, such as the build volume and 3mm filament system. However, according to Aleph Objects, they’ve done several less-visible but significant improvements:
- An improved Z drive rod system will produce more accurate builds and increase the reliability of those critical first few layers
- Improved Y axis mounts ensures the pre-assembled machine will be able to print from setup in less than 30 minutes
- The power supply has been beefed up to 400w to enable the attachment of many future upgrades and accessories
- The TAZ 4 is dual-ready; electronics are in place for experimental 3D printing with many different materials thru an optional future second extruder
One terrific feature that is still included in the TAZ 4 is the amazing toolkit that every personal 3D printer owner should have:
- Toolkit bag
- 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Standard Precision Knife
- Dental Pick
- Flathead Bristle Brush
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
- Acetone-safe Bottle (acetone not included)
Just add a set of electronic calipers and you’re all set.
The TAZ 4, with 90 day warranty, is ready to ship to anywhere today and is currently available at a cost of USD$2,195.