- Cost per cc: €0.01 (It’s Paper, remember! A4 size preferred. White or your favourite color)
- Build envelope: 277 x 190 x 150 mm (10.9 x 7.5 x 5.9 inches)
- Layer Size & Resolution: 0.1mm
- Weight: 160 kg (350 lbs)
- Power: 240v, 1kw
- Footprint: 950x 700 x 800mm (h)
- Software: Proprietary, Windows
- The price: €25,000
One way to reduce the cost of 3D printing is to use inexpensive material for printing – and that’s precisely what the MCOR Matrix 300 does. It uses plain sheet paper as its print medium, leading to perhaps the lowest operational cost of a commercial 3D printer.
The Matrix 300 has been available in the UK and Ireland for a while, but now MCOR has opened up availability to all of Europe as of February 1st. Ramping up their capacity and sales geography can only be a good sign (and they’re hiring too!) Here’s the specs on the 300: http://www.mcortechnologies.com/careers.html
This is obviously not a home device, but would be quite useful for small businesses or educational institutions involved in 3D modelling, architecture or prototyping. They expect to ship the Matrix 300 to the US market in 2Q11.