LulzBot has released a new version of their popular TAZ personal 3D printer: 3.0. The new version includes several evolutionary improvements, including additional metal parts and a quicker-to-print-ready heated bed.
The TAZ is an open-air 3D printer, meaning the heated bed is more important to avoid warping if you’re printing ABS plastic. TAZ has some impressive specifications:
- Large build volume of 298 x 275 x 250mm
- Layer size as small as 0.075mm - although prints at that resolution would take a long time!
- Supported 3.0mm filaments include: ABS, PLA, PVA, HIPS, Wood
We’re quite impressed with the toolkit that comes with each TAZ:
- Toolkit bag
- 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Standard Precision Knife
- Dental Pick
- Flathead Bristle Brush
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
- Acetone-safe Bottle (acetone not included)
The acetone bottle is a very nice touch for those that intend on smoothing their ABS prints. About the only thing more we’d want is a digital micrometer, but the TAZ toolkit will definitely work for you.
If you have USD$2,195 burning a hole in your wallet and able to wait 1-2 weeks for shipping, you too can have a LulzBot Taz in your possession.