Makertech 3D has introduced a new professional 3D printer that includes tool changing capability.
Makertech 3D, a UK-based company with over six years of experience in developing advanced 3D printers, has introduced its latest model, the Proforge 4. This professional 3D printer is a Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) device with some impressive specifications, including a tool changing capability.
The Proforge 4 boasts the following features:
- Build volume: 400 x 300 x 340 mm
- Quad CoreXY linear rail motion system
- Linear rail-based Z-motion
- Rigid aluminum frame
- All metal hot end with temperatures up to 350°C
- Heated print plate up to 130°C
- Enclosed system to capture heat
- Removable steel PEI-coated print sheet
- Maximum print speed: 800mm/s
- Maximum feed rate of 30 cubic mm per second
- BigTreeTech MANTA 8P with CB1 Control Processor Board
- Silent stepper drivers for quiet operation
- Klipper firmware
- Brass and steel nozzles included: 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.6, and 0.8 mm
- Filtration system
- Five-inch color touchscreen
- Tool Changing Capabilities
What sets the Proforge 4 apart is its tool changing feature, which allows a single printhead motion system to swap different hot ends. This enables operators to load multiple materials into separate hot ends and use all of them in a single print job without intervention. The system can use either two or four changeable tools.
The tool changing concept is less wasteful than other multi-material approaches that require purging the previous material before using a new one. The tool changer simply swaps in the new hot end, pre-heated and ready to go. The only challenge is ensuring that the nozzles are properly aligned and calibrated to each other. Multimaterial prints run much faster on tool changers.
High-Speed 3D Printing and Material Versatility
The Proforge 4 can print large objects in multiple colors and materials at an impressive speed. Its high hot end temperatures and enclosed build volume make it suitable for 3D printing a wide range of exotic engineering materials.
This 3D printer is part of a growing trend of devices leveraging Klipper firmware to achieve extremely fast 3D printing. Makertech 3D claims that the Proforge 4 can print “up to 10X faster” than typical 3D printers.
Makertech 3D has chosen to launch the Proforge 4 on Kickstarter. While the campaign has not yet opened, interested parties can join the notification list to ensure they know when it does.