Mankati is a Shanghai-based company producing a line of personal 3D printers. Their latest model is the very sophisticated Fullscale XT.
The Fullscale XT appears to be a well-designed machine that incorporates a terrific mix of features for both reliability and printing quality:
- Dual extruders, capable of ABS, PLA and PVA printing
- Full-steel unibody construction to virtually eliminate shakes
- High performance extruder design
- Monocrystal glass print bed for absolute flatness
- Heated bed encased in high-temp rubber
- Upgraded mechanicals
- Bowden-style filament feeding for increased reliability and speed
- Enclosed build chamber with PMMA Glass walls for visibility
- Massive build chamber size of 250 x 250 x 300mm
We’re quite interested in the build chamber, which is unusually taller than it is wide. This, combined with the enclosed nature of the chamber and heated bed, should permit very reliable printing of large objects. In fact, we found a video of a 48 hour print that took place on the Fullscale XT:
Amazingly, all this comes at a pretty low price. We’ve seen this advertised for USD$1500 and even as low as USD$1200 in quantity.