This week industry giant 3D systems unveiled their brand new logo (above). But that’s only the tip of the iceberg, as they’ve been making all kinds of moves lately. We like to think they are now the “new” 3D Systems. Here’s some of the things they’ve been up to lately:
- Moved their stock from NASDAQ to the NYSE (ticker: “DDD”, Great choice!)
- A new desktop 3D printer, the BFB 3000 Plus
- Partnered with Autodesk for use of their new 123D easy-to-use 3D modeling tool
- Partnered with Alibre to deliver bundled printers and 3D modeling software
- Now distribute the massive Voxeljet 3D printers, and are using one in their 3Dproparts service
- Acquired design house Freedom of Creation to enter the 3D retail content market
- Acquired The3DStudio.com 3D model repository and community
- Acquired Print3D, a parts printing service
- Acquired SYCODE, developers of software plugins for 3D modeling software
- Acquired Accelerated Technologies, a custom part printing service
- Acquired Quickparts, a large 3D parts printing service
Probably we’ve missed a few, and no doubt there are a lot more coming in the future. Abe Reichental, CEO of 3D Systems recently said:
We have used the last few years to recast our business model and to build a fairly exciting enterprise.
Um, “fairly exciting”? No kidding!